Do you know your way around the globe? Are you a savvy traveler who packs the right stuff for the right climate and country? There’s only one way to get sharper at travel, and that is – to travel!
1. Hello there! You’ve just landed in a country in which people say ‘Willkommen.’ Where could you be Mr. Otterton?
✔️Right Answer: Germany
2. Heads or Tails, Mr. Otterton? Which currency is this?
- Australian Dollar
- US Dollar
✔️Right Answer: Euro
3. Pawsome! Let’s test your flag knowledge Otty! To which country does this flag belong?
- South Africa
✔️Right Answer: Portugal
4. Getting hungry, Mr. Otterton? Answer this: where did this mouth-watering delight originate?
✔️Right Answer: Mexico
5. From which of these countries can you NOT see the northern lights?
- New Zealand
✔️Right Answer: New Zealand
6. Yes please! Where is this cheese from?
✔️Right Answer: Netherlands
7. Let’s test your knowledge of airlines, Otty Toity! Which country owns ‘Qantas’?
- South Africa
✔️Right Answer: Australia
8. Which of these places is NOT in Australia?
- Nugget Point
- Heart Reef
✔️Right Answer: Nugget Point
9. Let’s go somewhere where you can swim, Otty! Hmm… Maybe not, that water doesn’t look so clean. Which of these facts about the city pictured here is incorrect?
- Venice obtained its very first female gondolier in 2010.
- San Marco Basilica was built in the 12th century.
- There are over 200 islands in Venice.
- There are 177 canals in Venice.
✔️Right Answer: There are over 200 islands in Venice.
10. How’s your island knowledge, Otty? Which of these islands is not considered an island of the Canary Islands?
- Gran Canaria
✔️Right Answer: Patmos
11. You’ve landed at the airport and you want a drink from the vending machine! It says that it only takes Baht. Which country have you landed in?
✔️Right Answer: Thailand
12. Let’s see if you can recognize this island country?
✔️Right Answer: Cyprus
13. If you’re planning a trip to the sea, which of these countries has direct access?
✔️Right Answer: Belgium
14. Let’s turn to culture and landmarks Otty! Where would you find this fascinating piece of architecture?
✔️Right Answer: Paris
15. Three of these foods are from a particular country. Which one is the odd one out?
- Paella de Marisco
- Tortilla Española
- Beef bourguignon
- Chorizo Sausage
✔️Right Answer: Beef bourguignon
16. Let’s test your hotel-jargon! What does ‘half-board’ mean?
- Only one meal is included.
- You can only stay in the hotel till 10am.
- Breakfast and one other meal is included.
- All means are included except drinks.
✔️Right Answer: Breakfast and one other meal is included.
17. I hope you know what this sign is saying, Mr. Otterton!
- Please don’t get too close to the animals
- Please stand here to take photos
- Please pat me gently
- Please don’t feed the animals
✔️Right Answer: Please don’t get too close to the animals
18. You don’t have to be a fan of Disney, but do you know where in California is Disneyland?
✔️Right Answer: Anaheim
19. What would you find at grid reference (56, 86) on this map?
- Kraan Island
- Tree Farm
- Robert Point
✔️Right Answer: Robert Point
20. Otty! Can you work out what comes next?
✔️Right Answer: C