How much do you know about The United States Of America? This quiz will test your knowledge of America’s history, culture and current facts.
1. What event do Americans celebrate on the 4th of July?
- Official signing of the Declaration of Independence
- George Washington’s birthday
- The beginning of the American Revolution
- Formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence
✔️Type Answer: Formal adoption of the Declaration of Independence
2. How many branches of government are there in the United States?
✔️Type Answer: 3
3. What is the most populated city in America?
- Los Angeles
- New York City
✔️Type Answer: New York City
4. What is the national bird for America?
✔️Type Answer: Eagle
5. How many states are there?
✔️Type Answer: 50
6. Who had the longest tenure as President of USA?
- Herbert Hoover
- George W Bush
- John Adams
- Franklin Roosevelt
✔️Type Answer: Franklin Roosevelt
7. What is the biggest lake in America?
- Lake Michigan
- Lake Superior
- The Great Salt Lake
- Lake Ontario
✔️Type Answer: Lake Superior
8. What bird did Benjamin Franklin suggest be on the US national seal?
- Sandhill Crane
✔️Type Answer: Turkey
9. Who did not sign the Original Declaration of Independence?
- John Adams
- Benjamin Franklin
- George Washington
- Sam Adams
✔️Type Answer: George Washington
10. What ship did they raid in the Boston Tea party?
- The Eleanor
- The Beaver
- all of the above
✔️Type Answer: all of the above
11. What country was not directly involved in the war of 1812?
- United States
✔️Type Answer: France
12. How much did the United States pay for the Louisiana?
- $15 million
- $10 million
- $20 million
- $100 million
✔️Type Answer: $15 million
13. When did Hawaii become a state?
✔️Type Answer: 1959
14. This president gave us interstate freeways. Who was he?
- Harry S Truman
- Dwight D Eisenhower
- William McKinley
- Benjamin Harrison
✔️Type Answer: Dwight D Eisenhower
15. What was America’s first cash crop?
✔️Type Answer: Tobacco
16. What did these two men invent?
✔️Type Answer: Airplane
17. What was America’s first national park?
- Grand Canyon
✔️Type Answer: Yellowstone
18. What was america’s first constitution called?
- the constitution
- the articles of confederation
- Constitutional congress
- the articles of america
✔️Type Answer: Constitutional congress
19. Who invented the american flag?
- Betsy Ross
- Dianne Sawyer
- Abigail Adams
- Sybil Ludington
✔️Type Answer: Betsy Ross
20. What divides Alaska from the rest of the USA?
- British Columbia
✔️Type Answer: British Columbia
21. The Missouri joins the Mississippi just north of which city?
- St. Louis
- New York City
✔️Type Answer: St. Louis
22. In what year did Columbus discover America?
✔️Type Answer: 1492
23. Which country was the first to recognize the new country of The United States of America?
✔️Type Answer: Morocco
24. In what year did congress establish Independence Day as a national holiday?
✔️Type Answer: 1870
25. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
- Independence Hall, Philadelphia
- Independence Hall, New York City
- Capitol Building, Boston
- Capitol Building, Washington DC
✔️Type Answer: Independence Hall, Philadelphia